Students seeking admission to the Geography Graduate Group must have a Bachelors Degree and at least an overall GPA of 3.0 (B grade average) in relevant course work.
For information about admission contact Carrie Armstrong-Ruport, Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Interested students are invited to visit campus. Students may obtain application materials from the Web at:https://grad.ucdavis.edu/apply
Students must submit the following with their applications:
- Official transcripts
- Results of the Graduate Record Examination (scores must be within the past 5 years).
- Personal statement including your biography and reasons for wanting to study Geography at UC Davis
- Three letters of recommendation (including academic letters)
- Application fee
- TOEFL scores (for international students). 80 minimum score.
The application deadline is December 15. Late applications will not be considered.
In mid September, you may apply using the admission application at https://grad.ucdavis.edu/apply
- The application fee is $105 (U.S.) or $125 ( international). The fee may be paid by credit card or e-check. The fee must be paid before the application will be considered as complete, and the fee must be paid for each application submitted.
- Letters of Recommendation must be submitted electronically through the online application. Applicants should not have recommenders send letters in hard copy, but rather to submit all recommendations online.
- UC Davis requires academic records from each college-level institution you have attended. You will be instructed to upload scanned copies of your transcripts after you have submitted your online applicaiton. For more details visit https://gradstudies.ucdavis.edu/submit-transcripts.
- A Major Professor, who is a faculty member of the Geography Graduate Group, is required in order to be admitted into the program. It is not required in order to submit an application for admission. For more information regarding major professors, please contact the Program Coordinator.
For questions about the application process or the Geography Graduate Group MA and PhD programs, please contact us.